Thursday, March 1, 2012

Technical Support from Cosmo Castorini

Dear Cosmo,

My computer has been acting up lately, with applications freezing and everything generally not running as fast as it used to.  I've contacted Microsoft tech support, but they won't help me because they hate their customers.  Is there anything I can do to tune up my system without dumping a lot of money on a new computer?

- Clueless in Queens


Dear Clueless,

There are three kinds of computer. There's the kind of computer you have, which is garbage.  And you can see where that's gotten you. There's Linux, which is pretty good... unless something goes wrong. And something always goes wrong. Then, there's Apple... which is the only computer I use. It costs money. It costs money because it saves money.

-Cosmo

No comments:

Post a Comment